Monday, January 26, 2009

Excitement


Well for Bill's and my anniversary Kerin took the kids for the weekend. It was great. Kerin picked them up Friday night and we went to Mesquite on Sunday to get them. On Saturday Bill and I went for a drive (we used to do that for our dates when we were first married). It was nice to just drive and talk. We took the DIRT road by Cedar Pockets and ended up in Mesquite. Bill and I continued on the back roads and talked about going to The Valley of Fire. He consulted a his new GPS and it told him to continue on the dirt road for 21 miles. Now if any of you know the Mesquite area we were in Riverside heading on the back road to Lake Mead. I told Bill that we would have to drive over Lake Mead to get to it but we were up for an adventure so we drove on. After the 21 miles the GPS told us to turn left for 18 miles. It continued that way for about 80 miles. I dislike dirt roads because my friends and I rolled a truck in high school. I was a trooper for most of the trip but toward the end the road sorta disappeared. Long story short - we ended up on the road that I rolled on. It was just wonderful (ha ha ha).
On Monday my father called and told me he was getting married. I was really excited for him. Tammy is great and is so good for my dad. Anyway he announced that they were getting married on THURSDAY. So Thursday we were at the temple watching my dad get married again. It was kinda weird but I am truly happy for him. Tammy's husband passed away about a month after my mom. They both have been alone for two and a half years. I'm glad they found each other.
This weekend we had the privilege of listening to Elder Holland at our Stake Conference. The adult session was amazing. It was just what Bill and I need to hear. The girls got to meet Elder Holland and they laugh about the fact that Bill was dissed by an apostle (he'll have to tell you about that one).

1 comments:

Coby & Jill said...

My company is sponsoring a give-away on Tip Junkie today through next week!!

Give Away Here!

Check it out and pass the word on.

We have some great things going on!!

 

designed at playfullive.com.