On Sunday we were eating our scrumptious dinner of lasagna, garlic bread and salad, when Brexton wanted to eat some of my salad. Instead of sharing, I opted to make him a bowl of his own. The salad basically consisted of iceburg lettuce, baby spinach and croutons. I set his bowl down in front of him and he reached in to grab some salad and said with a giggle, "Mom, I don't eat leaves!". It was too cute. I had to explain to him that baby spinach was not the kind of leaf that we find out in the yard, but it is like lettuce. He cautiously ate each "leaf" nibbling bit by bit until he came to the stem and then he would hand it to me and say "all done". He has had a few more salads since then and he still hands me the stem after every "leaf". The one saving grace of all two year olds is how cute they are when they are not being terrible :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment