Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Re-cap

We had a great Christmas here at the Hudson Compound. Amy's sister, father and nephew came stayed over on Christmas Eve and joined us for most of Christmas Day. As usual our kids ended up with more than they should have, I always seem to go overboard.

We actually slept in until 6:45 this year. I love looking around as paper is flying and the kids are frantically trying to figure out what it is that they just opened. It's always fun to revel in the excitement. The one thing I don't revel in is the clean-up, but you have to take the bad with the good.

I got Amy a painting of the St. George Temple that she had wanted, but I had to make her work for it first. She had to do a treasure hunt to find her gift. Inside the package, under the tree, was an envelope that had a picture of Brexton hiding an envelope some wher in the house. When she found that envelope it had a picture of Paysen hiding one and so it went until she opened the envelope taped to the front door and the picture showed all the kids standing in front of the painting hanging above the piano. When she turned around from the door the painting was hanging there for her to see. She was very surprised and a bit miffed that she had to work so hard for it. I wish I had saved the pics to share, but I was so worried she would find them on the camera or on my computer that I deleted them before I thought about sharing them. Sorry, but here is a picture of the painting.


Amy did surprise me as well, she usually gets me a few nice small gifts but this year she splurged and bought me a vehicle GPS system for my truck. I hate trying to use maps and now I won't have to. I was very surprised and happy, I've wanted to get one for a while. She also made me a really cool "Title of Liberty" for my office wall. One of favorite people from the Book of Mormon is Captain Moroni and I've been looking for the perfect thing to hang in my office to pay tribute to him. I haven't been able to find much and after I lamented to Amy a few months ago that i was just going to have find something else she made one for Christmas. The wording from the "title of Liberty" was put on the glass of the picture frame with vinyl lettering and she made the "flag" out of fabric. She distressed the fabric and wrote the letters using characters she found on and old paperback gold covered book of mormon she found. It is so cool, I love it. In fact after she showed it to her dad a couple of weeks before Christmas, he loved it so much that she decided to make a smaller version up for him too. Sorry the picture doesn't show it very well, but I did the best I could.


Ty was convinced that the family was going to get a Wii for Christmas and made sure everyone knew it. The problem with that is the family was getting a Wii, but we had to prove a poiunt with her, so we put the Wii and all the stuff that came with it under the tree in the kitchen (Yes we have a tree in the kitchen and almost evry other room in our house. My wife loves christmas and decorations, so she shares the decorations with every room so they all feel the season.) So when we finished up with all the gifts under the tree in the family room and everyone had put most of their things away, we met in the kitchen for breakfast. We always cook a big breakfast for the entire group and eat togther.

Grandpa and Amy did most of the cooking and of course made Brexton's favorite Pan-a-Cakes. While they were cooking the kids talked with their cousins in Arizona and found out they had gotten a Wii for Christmas. You shouuld have seen Ty's face, she was pretty upset that they had gotten a Wii and she hadn't. While everyone was finishing up eating and getting ready to clean up I asked Ty to plug the lights in on the tree.

She walked over and said "Hey there is some more presents under here, no wait there's a bunch more presents under here." She quickly started pulling them out and unwrapping them with her sisters. They were very happy and surprised that we had tricked them. As you can probably imagine they played it most of the day.

If you can't tell it was a great day but I'm glad it only happens once a year.

0 comments:

 

designed at playfullive.com.