There are a number of very good reasons that I have chosen to live in the most wonderful place on the planet, Washington Utah. very high up on the list is that I hate the snow. Don't get me wrong I enjoy snowball fights, sledding and snowmen, but after the hour or so that it takes to have all that excitement, my snow fix is over and I want it gone. I hate driving in it, and dealing with how cold it is when it's around. I hate shoveling the driveway and sidewalk and almost everything else that comes with it.
But living here is great because we can drive a short 45 minutes north and play in all the snow you can imagine. Although once a year or so we do get a small snow storm and the kids get to play, until the sun shows up and melts it.
Today is one of our few "Snow Days" here in Southern Utah. It has snowed nonstop since about 10 am. So I've dealt with the crappy roads and idiots who have no understanding of how to drive in bad weather. My frustration is that since we have to deal with the problems that come from the snow, we should also get the fun of snow. Well here is the picture of how much snow has accumulated here in our yard.
If you can't tell one of the leaves that fell from our tree last week is bigger in size than the amount of snow in our yard. All this ugly weather and we don't even get to have fun with it. I'm hoping that it might stick now that the sun is going down. It is amazing to see the red rocks covered with snow, so I at least have that to look forward to. Here is a pic of the St. George temple from a snow storm a few years ago on Christmas Eve and also some pics of the kids playing in our yard after that same snow storm. Man those kids are young, are they related to the teenagers I have living upstairs?



0 comments:
Post a Comment