Last night I was invited to throw out the first pitch at the St. George Roadrunners game. It was a lot of fun, and the whole family came out to watch. My only concern was that I didn't want to leave it short, so I walked to the mound turned and staring directly into the sun fired the ball to the catcher. It was bit to the left, but had no trouble reaching the plate. The only problem was that I was too quick and Mikki was only able to snap a picture after the ball had left my hand.
We had a great time. We even figured out that if you give Paysen and Brexton a snow cone it will keep them occupied for almost an hour, and could maybe even give them a blue tongue.
We stayed for almost 2 hours and except for Brek falling off his seat, smacking his head on the ground and getting a huge bruise, it was a lot of fun. The roadrunners even won.



6 comments:
so how do go about getting that kind of invitation?
It's all about who you know.
BTW who is "the family"? Your identity eludes me.
It's Peg. I should have included that! Sorry!
So who do you know?
I know most everyone in the front office and one of the owners of the team. They needed someone at the last minute and I had just been in to see them earlier in the morning, so I lucked out.
what great form what follow-threw.it is fun to see the pictures.
Post a Comment