I was able to go the ballpark with Mikki and Ty last night to watch a classic pitchers battle at the ballpark. Just kidding about the pitching. One thing about independent league baseball is that it's hard to find good pitching.
Ty really wanted to see the fireworks after the game so we endured a 4 hour 17 to 11 game. Although I have to admit the fireworks were amazing. I love watching baseball live, but 4 hours is waaaaayyyy too long, but I promised that if we could stay home on the 4th and avoid the crowds, then I would take them to see the show at the ballpark. I still think I came out ahead.
We stayed home on the 4th and watched a movie in the yard (The Final Season) with the whole family. It was a great movie about what else? Baseball!! I'm not a baseball fanatic, I do love football and basketball as well. If you enjoy sports movies, I'd recommend this one, I like to recommend shows that you can let the whole family watch, it was completely clean.
We did go swimming also on the 4th at the new community center, but after about an hour it was too crowded for me (I'm not really into crowds if you didn't know). We had planned to go up to Pine Valley Mountain today after church, but Amy was sick so we are ending our long weekend the same we usually end our short weekends, staying home hanging out. It was nice to relax for a few days, but I'll be glad to get back to work tomorrow.
I also have to tell you something funny that Brexton said today. I was typing this up when he came rushing in my office to tell me that his swimming pool was melting. I went to see what he was talking about. I had pulled the drain plug on the wading pool in the back yard and he was worried because it was slowly melting, or draining. I thought that was pretty funny.

1 comments:
that is the funniest story ever about the melting swimming pool!! you have to write that down in a journal for him so you can embarrass him when he's older!!!
we're anxious to see the "first pitch" video or pics!!!
Post a Comment